- Active ingredient: Levothyroxine
- Category: Hormones
Synthroid contains substance identical to the thyroid gland hormone and is used to treat hypothyroidism and obesity
- Delivery time: Airmail (14-21 days) | EMS trackable (5-9 days)
- Prescription: Included
- Availability: In Stock
Medication Information Leaflet: Synthroid
Synthroid is a medication used for the management of hypothyroidism or low thyroid hormone production in the body.
Synthroid is a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone levothyroxine sodium.
Generic Ingredient and Availability
The generic version of Synthroid is also available in Australia under the name Levothyroxine.
Synthroid is approved by the FDA in the United States and certified by the TGA in Australia.
Known Alternatives in Australia
Some alternatives to Synthroid that are available in Australia include Eutroxsig, Oroxine, and Eltroxin.
Synthroid is used to regulate thyroid hormone levels in patients with hypothyroidism, thyroid gland inflammation (thyroiditis), or an enlarged thyroid gland (goiter).
Spectrum Of Activity
Synthroid works by supplementing the low thyroid hormone levels in the body to maintain homeostasis.
Synthroid may interact with drugs such as blood thinners, diabetes medications, and cholesterol-lowering agents.
Contraindications and Precautions
Synthroid should not be used to treat obesity or weight loss. Patients with adrenal gland disorders, heart disease, or high blood pressure should use Synthroid with caution.
Possible Side Effect(s)
Common side effects of Synthroid include anxiety, nervousness, and insomnia. Side effects such as chest pain and irregular heartbeat require immediate medical attention.
Dosage and Directions
The dosage of Synthroid is individualized and based on the patient's age, weight, and condition. It is taken orally once daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
Missed Dose and Overdose
A missed dose of Synthroid should be taken as soon as possible, but double doses should not be taken to make up for missed doses. Overdose symptoms may include confusion, tremors, and seizures.
Synthroid should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from light and moisture.
Known Non-standard Use
Synthroid has also been used off-label for depression and anxiety.
Patients should inform their doctor if they are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a history of thyroid cancer or autoimmune disorders.
Breastfeeding and Pregnancy
Synthroid is safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding as it poses no risk to the unborn child or breastfeeding infant.
High doses of Synthroid may increase the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease.
- What is the difference between Synthroid and Levothyroxine?
- How long does it take for Synthroid to start working?
- Can Synthroid cause hair loss?
- Is there a generic version of Synthroid?
- What do I do if I miss a dose of Synthroid?
- Can I take Synthroid with other medications?
- How often do I need to get my thyroid levels checked while on Synthroid?
- What is the typical starting dose of Synthroid?
- How long do I need to take Synthroid?
- Can Synthroid be crushed?
Popular Keywords Related to Synthroid
- Hypothyroidism treatment medication
- Levothyroxine sodium pills
- Synthroid alternative options
- Clinical use of Synthroid
- Common side effects of Synthroid
- Dosage instructions for Synthroid
- Storage of Synthroid medication
- Patient considerations for Synthroid
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding with Synthroid
- Benefits and risks of Synthroid
Other medications related to Synthroid include Liothyronine (Cytomel) and Thyroid (dessicated).
Synthroid Drug Class
Synthroid Connected Conditions
How to Order Synthroid | Levothyroxine from our Online Pharmacy
To order Synthroid | Levothyroxine on our online pharmacy, all you need to do is choose the necessary dosage and quantity of pills above. Actual cost of the selected pack will be reflected automatically. After that, you can add chosen amount to your cart by clicking the Add to Cart button. You can continue shopping for more medications or proceed to the checkout. At the Checkout, you can complete the payment process through our secure and dedicated payment gateway.
Synthroid / Levothyroxine pills are made of high quality generic compounds and under strict quality control measures under WHO and Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) standards. However Synthroid pills are sent from outise of Australia due to presciption issued overseas.